Welcome to Marketing

 Hi everyone!

My name is Jamie and I am a third year student at Oregon State University. I am originally from Pullman, WA where my mother works at Washington State University in marketing and communications. From her, I learned a bit about marketing as well as story writing and interpersonal communication which prompted me to study Business Administration at OSU. After taking a few classes here on campus, I found that I had a passion for sustainability and environmental action, so I decided to add the Sustainability double degree to my undergraduate studies as well. I hope to start a career in sustainability consulting or marketing after graduation which me gives me lots of options to combine my two interests and areas of study. OSU provides many opportunities for furthering my interests and career goals, so I look forward to continuing my education here.  

This summer, I am taking Principles of Marketing, my first official marketing class. For my undergraduate thesis, I am hoping to research the effects of sustainability-related advertisements on consumer buying behavior, so I look forward to learning about research opportunities on campus as well as how to use analytics for marketing purposes. As a member of OSU's Marketing Club and MCX, I am excited to take away the lessons from this class and apply them to the discussions we have and projects we lead. Starting next fall, I will also take on the Vice President role for the Sustainability in Business Club that recently started at OSU. Learning leadership skills, having open discussions, networking with employers, and building a community of invested students and faculty have made my time at OSU thus far so worthwhile.

Outside of college, I pursue many different passions. I grew up as a dancer and competed for years. My dance studio became my first job where I taught young dancers as well as worked on the front desk staff. Each time I visit home I am sure to stop in to my studio and visit, taking classes or supporting my team. I also enjoy just about everything outdoors. Now that I live in Oregon, I have taken advantage of the hikes, waterfalls, rivers, and ocean that surround my area. There's nothing better than discovering a new adventure, so I look forward to continuing to explore my new home in the PNW!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Listening- Shein is a Behemoth in Fast Fashion, but What Are People Really Saying?

Marketing in the News- The Body Shop Encourages Women to be a Changemaker in New Ad